We’ve got a nice big ad in the forthcoming issue of NARC. Magazine for both the Jumpin’ On The Terrace gig (July 9th) and Jumpin’ With Stagger Lee at Ernest on July 22nd. We’ve decided to make Jumpin’ On The Terrace a fairly loose affair with guests including Rob Heron, Alex Johnson, Ethan McDermott, Billy Lyre and more popping along to play a few tunes, while Alex is also going to be the guest selecter at Ernest.
Hey folks. Had a burst of excellent new releases come my way lately and figured that was a good excuse for a new Jumpin’ mix – number 21!
There’s tracks from new or imminent albums by Hurray For The Riff Raff, The Deslondes (two tracks because it’s that good), Bonnie Prince Billy, Pokey LaFarge, Rhiannon Giddens, Sir Jac’s Bantamacs, Chain & The Gang and The Unthanks, as well as something from the new Dengue Fever reissues.
And the usual mix of soul, country, blues, garage and more.
- Barry Adamson – The Big Bamboozle
- Eldridge Holmes – Popcorn Children
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – S.O.B.
- The Jackson 5 – Little Bitty Pretty One
- Mose Allison – Parchman Farm
- Hunx & His Punx – You Don’t Like Rock’N’Roll
- Chain & The Gang – Free Will
- The Deslondes – Hurricane Shakedown
- Eli Paperboy Reed – Bad Girl
- Pokey LaFarge – Riot In The Street
- Dengue Fever – Tip My Canoe
- Omar Kay – Turkish Coffee
- Junior Murvin – Cool Out Son
- Big Youth – All Nations Bow
- Harry J Allstars – Liquidator
- The Staple Singers – I’ll Take You There
- The Como Mamas – Count Your Blessings
- Lambert, Hendricks & Ross – Moanin’
- James Carr – Who’s Been Warming My Oven
- The Five Stairsteps – Playgirl’s Love
- Eddie Carlton – It Will Be Done
- Margie Joseph – I Can’t Move No Mountain
- Hurray For The Riff Raff – The Navigator
- Kokomo Arnold – Milk Cow Blues
- Lefty Frizzell – Shine, Shave, Shower (It’s Saturday)
- Sir Jac’s Bantamacs – One Cup Of Coffee
- The Dirt Daubers – Trucks, Tractors & Trains
- Tony Joe White – Polk Salad Annie
- The Deslondes – She Better Be Lonely
- Bonnie Prince Billy – Leonard
- Micah P Hinson – Beneath The Rose
- Rhiannon Giddens – The Angels Laid Him Away
- Blind Willie McTell – The Dyin’ Crapshooter’s Blues
- Jerry Jeff Walker – Desperados Waiting For The Train
- Guy Clark – Dublin Blues
- Cian Nugent – Lucy
- The Unthanks – What Can A Song Do To You?
(NB – I did try labelling the tracks in the mix but it crashed, sorry!)
Thanks to everyone who came down to Ernest on Saturday and made the 3rd Jumpin With Stagger Lee all sorts of fun, and thanks to Rob Heron for hotfooting it over from the coast to guest.
The next Jumpin’ at Ernest will be on July 22nd, but we’ll be on the terrace at the Cumberland Arms on July 9th from 2-7pm – hopefully see you there!